We are part of The IN Group (TIG), a collection of four specialist brands covering all businesses ‘people’ needs. With brilliant people doing brilliant work, we offer end-to-end solutions across recruitment, executive search, consultancy, advisory, and talent management.
Investigo in the US is leading recruitment agency, hiring great people for interim or permanent jobs across creative, strategy, technology, medical communications and life sciences sectors.
We’re REALLY proud of our journey, as we launched our US business from scratch 4 years ago, and are now up to $15m of NFI and 40 heads across 3 offices in New York, Philadelphia and San Diego, with 2 new offices on the horizon. From these locations, we cover the whole of the US.
We look to hire a rich culture of different experiences and ways of doing things. All our people can learn from each other on a daily basis as there really is no one-size fits all way of recruiting, and as a result everyone can learn something new every day.
Why are we hiring this role?
Given the success we have had as a business, along with our ambitious growth plans, we’ve made a promise to all our seriously talented people; ‘to create a game-changing employee experience that empowers them to build extraordinary careers’. An essential ingredient of being able to achieve this is to have a great People and Culture/HR team.
That’s where you come in! At the moment the US market is serviced by our UK based People and Culture team, but we’re now looking for a strong, passionate and experienced Head of HR to come in and grow out their very own team. This team will be dedicated to all things that enable us to attract and engage great candidates, create an amazing employee experience and development opportunities and ultimately build high performing teams across the US.
What will you be doing in this role?
This is a highly credible and interesting role working across the whole US business and closely with the UK People and Culture team. You will forge very strong and credible relationships with Directors across the whole US business and work to create a People plan that allows us to achieve our ambitious business growth plans.
This role will:
- Work closely with the US Leadership team, to ensure full understanding of business priorities and growth plans
- Work with UK based People and Culture team to build out an equivalent US based team, as needed, to develop and deliver on strategic plans for a variety of HR matters such as benefits, talent attraction, learning and development, engagement, processes and policies
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
- Supervise the work of People and Culture team and provide guidance, as the team grows out
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Foster a culture of informal knowledge exchange across the population, leading to a learning culture across the business
- Conduct periodic talent and succession assessments with Managing Director
- Carry out culture deep dives with teams, to understand how leadership is affecting team engagement and performance, and sharing knowledge back with Director as part of coaching relationship
- Facilitate team engagement sessions, using insight from various data sources, such as annual engagement survey
If you have:
- Proven success of having productive and effective coaching relationships at senior level, with recognised coaching qualification
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Group/team experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Have a strong analytical and planning mind with attention to detail and ability to think laterally and strategically whilst focused on delivering an end result
- Must have experience of using and presenting data to make decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong innovation and creativity, capability to design, develop, implement and evaluate solutions to unique business situations
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make positive use of the opportunities that arise from that
- …..and you get a real BUZZ from this kind of work then lets chat!
What can we offer you?
A brilliant and rewarding culture! We work really hard to provide the best environment for our people to perform at their best and truly enjoy working at Investigo. We recognise the importance of having fun as well as recognising above and beyond effort and behaviours with things like high achievers trips and a whole host of other ingredients that make us a great place to work!
Most of our people work 2 days a week in the office. We work to a 4.5 day week, finishing early on a Friday (so you can do the things you love doing!)